Monday, October 12, 2009

Hey Kids Here's An Anecdote.

So last night I took a red Sharpie and wrote "Canned Heat!" on my forearm, as I had planned to play that one song of theirs "Going Down to the Country" or something on my radio show this morning at the ungodly hour of 6 am (If you were awake for the show, I thank you dearly. In other words, Thanks Mom!).

I can never sleep well the night before my radio show, because I'm afraid if I drift into too heavy a slumber I won't be able to wake up in time to spin some tunes or whatever the kids are calling it these days (Aside: I have a strong aversion to just bringing my laptop to the radio station, making a playlist on iTunes, plugging it into the soundboard, and then having that be my set. That kind of kills the fun factor of going into WXYC's massive library of records and CD's, finding some random bullshit to put on, and then messing around with transitions, weirdness, volume levels, etc. Also, the term is DISC JOCKEY, and the last time I checked mp3's were zero percent circular except for the fact that they're stored on a disc drive sometimes but that shouldn't count especially since iPods now use flash drives, but I think we can all agree that this is immaterial and tangential tangents should be dismissed as the ramblings of a sleep-deprived bozo who wasn't able to stay that much on topic to begin with.).

Anyhoo, so I went to sleep around 3 am and woke up circa 5:30 (crash is imminent trust me), and went into the station, did my show, and then came back to my humble abode. Just before I went back to bed, I decided to wash my face. And as I washed, I noticed that there's a fairly prominent red "C" in the middle of my forehead, most definitely from having "Canned Heat!" written on my arm and it rubbing onto my face as I slept. Evidently I sleep with my head on my forearm, who knew?

Love,

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment